Had enough of school?? Is learning in a controlled environment, leaving you feeling controlled?? Let the World be your next classroom, where the possibilities are endless and the experiences invaluable. TRAVEL CHANGES EVERYTHING.
We offer a unique, 3-month cultural immersion program for college students or recent graduates who are interested in experiencing real life outside their home culture. The programs consists of language learning and cultural education with reputable and experienced local instructors, cultural immersion through living in the local context and through authentic home-stays, acquisition of travel “smarts” to serve as a foundation for a life-time of overseas exploration, as well as many opportunities for adventure.
Northern Africa: Spain, Western Sahara, Morocco, Algeria
Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
South Asia: Nepal, India, Sri Lanka
East Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Zanzibar
Participants may request a certain location, but will be ultimately be directed based on the openings. In addition, we take Global Security into consideration when deciding on final program locations.
As we only offer this program in 4 regional locations, and we intend to keep the groups small so as to preserve the experience for all participants, we accept participants based on the submission date of the application. In addition, there are some general qualifications that must be met.
- Must have a valid US Passport
- Must have been out of the country for at least 10 days in the past
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must pass a cultural readiness test
- Must pass a basic geography test
- Must have an adventurous attitude!
- Spring Semester Deadline, September 1st
- Summer Semester Deadline, January 1st
- Fall Semester Deadline, April 1st
Typical Semester Dates (actual dates vary slightly):
- Spring Semester, January 25th - April 24th
- Summer Semester, May 13th – August 12th
- Fall Semester, August 23rd – November 22nd
Overall Program Cost:
- Varies by location and semester, between $15,000-$18,000 USD.
- Covers all travel, lodging, meals, tours, education, and support costs. Does not cover personal needs and souvenirs, or meals during travel to the initial overseas location.
READY TO GO? To ask questions or begin the application process today, please email the Cultural Immersion Program administrator today.